#ACupOfConversation // Makeup Artist & Beauty Writer Kavita Kaul


"…New York is the best and the worst because its a bully. It's really an abusive relationship. It bullies you into becoming your best self."





Kavita is not only extremely talented in the art of painting people, she is also an amazing beauty wordsmith (like, for real!) and she has a killer personality! Not sure whether it was her accent or the guarantee that we would have an awesome time that had me so excited to sit down and chat with Kavita. This beauty power house has an amazing client list including L'Ore'al, Chloe and J.Crew. She's been featured in publications including GQ, Elle UK & Creem Magazine

Read on to check out what she does to stay inspired and what she wishes she had told herself 10 years ago.


Name: Kavita Kaul
Hometown: London
Current Location: Brooklyn, NY 
What she really does: Enthusiastic Beautifier & Wordsmith 
Years in the Game:

How do you start your day?
Blurry eyed, slightly grumpy but grateful. I like to touch base with my girlfriends on WhatsApp. Touching base with people I love is important to me. My goal is always to remember my inner child and to be grateful for the life I get to live. 




Kavita's work

How do you stay inspired?
I literally, physically look up. I also have amazing people on speed dial. It helps to look back at how far I've come. And I breathe…deep. I ask questions and I stay curious. 

Who inspires you?
Gene Kelly. I fell in love with him in the movies when I was a kid. Film icons of yester-year inspire me. Powerful women inspire me. I was obsessed with beauty when I was younger because I wasn't a beautiful kid. 


Kavita on set with World Champions, the U.S. women's soccer teams for SportsIllustrated 

Favorite Quote
"I'm too rich to be bought and to crazy to stop fighting." -a crazy person on the subway

Finish this sentence
I can't live without…love, laughter, words, hugs, my eyelash curler, my concealer, a sexy glass of red wine and beautiful produce.

What's the biggest misconception about freelancing?
That it's glamorous, easy & effortless.




Kavita shared this awesome news with her friends on social media

What advice would you give yourself 10 years ago?

Do it now. 

Last words
If I can do it, anybody can…for real! I just tried. But trying is not enough. You've gotta do. Patience without diligence is worthless. You have to do the work. Combine the forces and ask for help. 

Keep up with Kavita!
Instagram
On the Web 
Facebook

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Coffee Shops And Laptops. Design by Fearne.